Things we can’t stop talking about this week:
- Three states advanced the CROWN Act, which bans hair discrimination that typically targets Black hair styles and textures.
- Studies show what we’ve known all along: Mean people
suckare dumber than kind people.
- These jokes about men make us laugh and laugh. And also cry inside.
- Break out the Kleenex for this sweet Pixar short about a stray cat and an abused pitbull.
- Harvey Weinstein was convicted yesterday. In 2015, then 22-year-old Italian-Filipina model, Ambra Battilana Gutierrez, taped Weinstein for assaulting her. She was ignored and ostracized. She is a hero.
- Meanwhile, the US Soccer Federation says male and female soccer players aren’t doing the same job so don’t need to be paid equally. Yeah, the women’s team actually wins World Cups.
- These heartbreaking images show exactly what climate change is doing to our planet.
- Mariya Russell is the first Black female chef to receive a Michelin star. And she cooks Japanese omakase. Brava!
What stories have got you talking?