By Maggie Q
If I can make something rather than buy the processed version, I do. That’s why I cook most of my meals at home—to keep my meals clean and delicious. (Of course, we’re all cooking at home right now!)
This vegan mayo recipe is a game changer because it’s so simple (and healthy and yummy). Why get store-bought ever again?
Maggie Q’s Easy Vegan Mayo
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 clove garlic (2 if you love it like I do)
- 1 1/2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- Cover cashews with water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil for about 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and discard water.
Q-TIP: I like to pour the hot water into a bowl, let it cool and then water a plant! You will make that plant’s day 🙂
- Place cashews in a food processor (or blender if you don’t have a food processor). Add all the ingredients except for olive oil.
- Process all ingredients until smooth, scraping down the sides of the processor or blender as needed.
- Keep the processor on and slowly add olive oil through the top until all is blended together.
- Transfer to a jar and refrigerate. It will last up to a month!