By: Selina Mohr
Mothers, mother figures, caregivers… whoever has taken on the mother role in your life, let’s celebrate their love and nurturing. If you’ve run out of ideas, especially during the lockdown, here are our favorite sustainable—and affordable—gifts, perfect for showing gratitude for your mother.
1. Radiant Glow Mask: Perfect for a DIY spa day at home with mom. This vegan, naturally derived face mask exfoliates the skin, leaving a radiant glowy finish.
2. RRose Eau de Parfum: Made in small batches, NY-based Ellis Brooklyn perfumes are meticulously designed. From their biodegradable compression cap to their eco-friendly glass bottles, they will have your mom smelling and feeling good about your conscious purchase.
3. Tranquility Bath Salt: Give mom the gift of relaxation with Tranquility Bath Salts. Peppered with hints of lavender and chamomile, these natural bath salts will whisk your mom to her happy place.
4. Cote No.17: Bring the nail salon to your mom this Mother’s Day! With over 120 shades, (at least) one will match your mom’s style. All Cote nail polish is non-toxic, vegan and cruelty free!
5. Deluscious Cookies: Based out of LA, and a personal favorite of Maggie Q’s, this bakery is NEXT level. Gluten-free and vegan? No problem! And they deliver!
6. Kosas Lipstick: Is your mom putting on a full beat face to get the mail? Same. With 8 fun shades to choose from, Kosas’s botanically-infused lipstick is long wearing, so it’ll stay on later when she needs to go back outside to water the plants in the afternoon.
7. Bouqs Flowers: Sustainable, in-season flowers sourced from local farmers—and they offer same day delivery. If you’re the type of person who only remembers Mother’s Day the day of, these flowers will save you!
8. Kalevala Organic Gin: This is for my grandma, a soft, feminine woman who absolutely loved her gin, straight on the rocks. A micro-gin made in Finland, in small batches and certified organic, it’s a perfect nightcap to any long day.
9. Ana Luisa: Clean, sustainable jewelry made from recycled precious metals. Ana Luisa pieces are ethical, affordable and beautiful. They’ll put a smile on mom’s face and lessen the blow to your bank account.
10. Qeep Up, Save the Children Tee: For the mom who has everything and wants to pay it forward, give her an organic cotton Save the Children Tee. One hundred percent of the proceeds goes to Save the Children, helping feed kids in need during the COVID-19 crisis.