We love to eat and we love to cook at Qeep Up. We want to share our cooking wins (and fails) with you. Tell us what’s happening in your kitchen… and Qeep Cooking!
Cinco de Mayo falls on a (Taco) Tuesday this year—appropriate. Any excuse to eat tacos is a good excuse, but bucking tradition with Asian flavors turns it up! These vegan Asian tacos are so versatile: Add whichever veggies you have on hand; use the protein of your choice (doesn’t have to stay vegan); go wild with your favorite hot sauces. Cinco de Mayo celebrates freedom, after all!
Maggie Q’s Vegan Asian Tacos
- 2 tablespoons red palm oil (for frying)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 6oz firm tofu, cubed
- 2 leaves Napa cabbage, sliced
- Handful of snap peas, julienned
- 1/4 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 small bunches of bok choy (one, if large)
- Handful of chopped radicchio
- 1/2 cup kimchi
- Pickled daikon
- Pickled jalapeños
- Pickled carrot
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons liquid aminos
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
- Pinch of chili pepper
- 4 scallions, just the green parts, sliced (three for cooking, one for serving)
- Handful of cilantro, chopped
- Almond flour tortilla wraps (Use your favorite wrap. These are gluten free!)
- In a wok or frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of red palm oil over medium. Add the garlic and ginger. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Q-TIP: I do a pinch of both.
- Fry garlic with the tofu cubes until the garlic is golden and the tofu is lightly browned. Don’t burn the garlic!
- Add cabbage, green bell pepper and snap peas. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, then add the bok choy and radicchio. Add the liquid aminos and garlic powder. Work into the vegetables for another 3 mins.
- Remove from heat.
- Chop kimchi into small pieces along with the pickled jalapeños, daikon and carrot. If you don’t have all these, use what you do have! Mix them into the tofu and veggie mixture and add a pinch of dry chili, sesame oil, chopped scallions and cilantro. More salt and pepper to taste. Transfer everything into a large bowl.
- Warm tortillas in a clean skillet. Serve with the tofu and veggies—the “meat” of your taco! Top with a few sliced scallions and a sprig of cilantro. Don’t forget your favorite hot sauces and enjoy your Asian Cinco De Mayo!